"Healthy, Overcomers, Purposed with an Eternal Perspective"

“Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” - ‭‭John‬ ‭4:13-14‬ ‭NASB‬‬

In our world today, many are eating healthier, drinking healthy drinks, and getting plenty exercise. In addition, we are receiving good reports from our physicians. These are all great things!

However, this is only the physical health that is making great strides.

Have you checked your spiritual health status? Has the Father given you
a good report?

Our spiritual health is often neglected. But…..

The Bible says the following:

“present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice" (Romans 12:1)

"be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2)

These scriptures are referring to our spiritual health. There are many
more like these found in God's Word.

Scripture goes on to describe individuals as spiritually dead.
What a powerful description! Dead! So in essence, many of us may be walking around physically the picture of health, but spiritually dead.

I believe that this is a deception from the enemy. Now, please don't misunderstand me. Being physically healthy is something that we must maintain. I have to watch my weight and what I eat due to Type II Diabetes.

But, to ignore our spiritual state is futile. It makes no sense!

The Word of God tells us that we are soul, spirit, and body. So why only care for our flesh?

We need spiritual healing. Our spiritual healing is only found in Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can heal and set us free.

In the scripture above, Jesus was offering spiritual healing to the woman at the well in Samaria. He helped her to understand that he was not talking to her about natural water but spiritual cleansing.

He stated, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

I love this scripture because it shows that Jesus fulfills us. All that we need is found in Him. Also, Jesus, being God in the flesh, cared so much about this young woman's spiritual health that He wasn't concerned with the people and their customary ways. He loved her and wanted to make her whole in Him.

Like the Samaritan woman, Jesus loves us more than we will ever be able to comprehend. In another scripture, Jesus says, "
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." (Rev. 3:20)

This scripture indicates that Jesus is seeking us and offering the invitation
of complete healing and soul restoration, but we have to accept the invitation.

All we have to do is accept, surrender and He will do the rest. His love is unsearchable. His love is everlasting. It won't fail you as people may have. As He has done for me, He will do for you!

Let Him in! Open your heart! Don't be deceived by the enemy. The enemy wants you to stay where you are. He may have you believing that you have no sin, but why would we need Jesus if that was the case.

Once you have encountered Jesus nothing else is needed. He is our resting place. He is our healer! Allow Him to heal you today and walk in newness of life.

Be Blessed,
Hope-in-Christ

Comments

Mary S Brown
09/05/2016 6:23am

Amen!

09/05/2016 7:15am

Great devotional, although right now Im muching on my galaxy minstrels while reading this, so maybe I need to work on my physical body as well!

09/05/2016 7:19am

Such a convicting post! Love it! Great insight - thanks for sharing. xo

09/05/2016 8:40am

and that's what He wants for each of us

09/05/2016 8:48am

What a great reminder to examine ourselves!

09/05/2016 10:04am

I want a heart after him, to be in his perfect will

09/06/2016 4:06am

Amen Terri,
That is also my hearts desire!! Blessings to you!

09/05/2016 10:53am

Amen! Spiritual health is so important. Our earthly body is fading away but our spirit will live forever.

09/05/2016 12:53pm

Amen! Thanks for this devotional!

It's so true what you said about the deceptions of the enemy--he may use our healthy physical states to give us a false sense of security and growth, but we must not forget about the more important part of ourselves--THE INSIDE--our heart & soul. Being physically fit can help you to give more of yourself to others, but we do not have much to give if we're not keeping our souls healthy, too (and first!). We'd just be like "white washed tombs." Healthy looking outside, but spiritually dead.

Great devo! <3

09/06/2016 4:08am

I felt that God wanted me to focus on spiritual health because there is so much deception out there today.

09/05/2016 1:24pm

I've been studying Ecclesiastes lately, and this post reminds me of the theme of that book....nothing really matters but Christ.

09/05/2016 2:22pm

I love, love, love this. I am in the health niche as a strong believer so this post and these verses and your main points REALLY resonate with me. Yes, we need to have spiritual healing first and foremost. And God is the One Who also brings physical healing too as Jehovah Rapha. (Or He can choose to not heal if that brings HIm more glory.) Bless you.

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.

Welcome to
    Hope-In-Christ Devotionals!

My book. The first youth journal in the Hope-in-Christ Series. Check it out by clicking on the image to purchase.
    Checkout the promo video for the first Hope-in-Christ youth devotional journal, Re-Presenting God!

Mission of Hope in Christ Devotional Ministry:
    The mission of hope in Christ devotional ministry is to draw men, women, boys, and girls back to the worship of the true and living God, Christ the King!

Hope in Christ is intended to encourage others with the affirming truth of Christ through the use of biblical text and practical application. The prayer of hope in Christ is that the reader would come to know in their heart that there is No hope outside of Him!

Please feel free to email any prayer request and follow me on my social media sites above

Like the Hope-in-Christ Facebook